Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Welcome

This blog is intended to track my dissertation research and progress. There are a number of reasons why I am creating this journal.

The first is to give updates to my friends and family on just what it is that I am up to, and where I am at in my PhD studies. Every so often I am asked "how much more do you have to go?" etc. This blog will help to keep everyone who is interested just how much I do have to go.

The second has to do with generating discussion and ideas with respect to my views. I am interested in hearing criticism as well as insight and suggestions on how I should proceed. It is certain that many fellow philosophy buffs will disagree, sometimes adamantly with my views and speculations. I am interested in hearing why.

The third and most formative purpose for me to start this blog is a reorganization of my work plan. It has become clear to me that I have not been efficient so far in making progress on my dissertation work. I have been rather hodge-podge in my reading and sporadic in my writing. This blog is part of a conscious attempt on my part to change my work habits to be more effective at this daunting task I am undergoing. Part of my strategy is to publicly declare my goals for reading, writing, deadlines, etc. I am planning on updating this blog weekly, if not more, to update you all on my self-imposed deadlines and progress.

Thanks for your interest.

-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment